搜索
首页 教育/科学 外语学习

请朋友们翻译一篇文章207

I entered high school having read hundreds of books。 But I was not a good reader。 Merely bookish, I lacked a point of view when I read。
   Rather, I read in order to get a point of view。 I searched books for good expressions and sayings, pieces of information, ideas, themes—anything to enrich my thought and make me feel educated。
   When one of my teachers suggested to his sleepy tenth-grade English class that a person could not have a "complicated (复杂的) idea" until he had read at least two thousand books, I heard the words without recognizing either its irony (嘲讽) or its very complicated truth。
   I merely determined to make a list of all the books I had ever read。 Strict with myself, I included only once a title I might have read several times。
   ( How, after all, could one read a book more than once?) And I included only those books over a hundred pages in length。 ( Could anything shorter be a book?)There was yet another high school list I made。
   One day I came across a newspaper article about an English professor at a nearby state college。 The article had a list of the "hundred most important books of Western Civilization。
   " "More than anything else in my life," the professor told the reporter with finality , " these books have made me all that I am 。
   " That was the kind of words I couldn’t ignore (忽视)。 I kept the list for the several months it took me to read all of the titles。 Most books, of course, I hardly understood。
   While reading Plato's The Republic, for example, I needed to keep looking at the introduction of the book to remind myself what the text was about。
   However, with the special patience and superstition (迷信) of a schoolboy, I looked at every word of the text。 And by me time I reached the last word, pleased, I persuaded myself that I had read The Republic, and seriously crossed Plato off my list。
  。

全部回答

2007-08-09

0 0

在进入高中以前,我曾读过上百本书籍。但是我并不是一个优秀的阅读者。我只是一个书虫,因为在我看书的时候,我往往缺少自己的想法,而只是试图从书中去寻求一种观点或想法。。 我在书中搜索一切能丰富我的思想,能提升我教育背景的知识,比如:流畅的表达方式和各种名人名言,各种信息、观点与思想等。
    在10年级的英语课堂上,我的一个老师面对昏昏欲睡学生们,说:”只有当一个人读了至少2000本书的时候,他才可能产生有深度的想法。我听着他的话,不知道那句话是嘲讽,还是另有深意。
   我只是暗下决心要把我所读过的所有书目列一张清单。我想尽办法要把请单列的长一些。我把那些可能只读过几遍书名的书写了上去(没有人会把书读上几遍的),还有那些只有100页的书我也写在了清单上(大概不会有比这更短小的书籍了)。
    。在高中时期,我还有另一张清单。。一天,我从报纸上读到了一篇关于附近一个州立学院英语教授的文章。文中列出了“西方文明史上最重要的100本书”。那位教授告诉记者, “这些书在造就了今天的我,这是起他任何东西都无法比拟的。
  ”这句话深深印在我脑海中。我把清单保留了几个月并熟悉了上面所有的书名。  当然,大多数书我都不能理解。比如在读柏拉图的共和国时,我需要不断查看前言介绍,以提示自己这本书的主要内容。

然而凭借着我惊人的耐心,以及对当时报上登载的那位教授的信奉,我逐字逐句的把文章读了下来。当我读到最后一个字的时候,我高兴地告诉自己,我已经把《共和国》这本书看 完了。  并郑重的把柏拉图从我的清单上划去。

2007-08-07

85 0

我进入高中读过数以百计的书籍。 但我不是一个好读者。 只是念书,我缺少一个观点时,我看过。 相反,我看到了,为了让自己的观点。 我搜查书籍良好表现和语录,件资料,意念 主题--任何东西来丰富我的想法,使我觉得人生。
   当我的一位老师建议他想睡第十级的英语课,一个人不能有一个"复杂 (复杂的)主意" ,直到他阅读了至少两千年的书籍, 听到我的话,而不承认其要么讽刺(嘲讽)或其非常复杂真相。   我只是决心要列出所有书籍,我都看过。
   严格要求自己,我只包括一次冠军,我可能看过几次。 (如何,毕竟 可以一读的一本书不止一次? ) 我只包括那些图书超过一百页的篇幅。 (有什么方法可以较短时间将一本书? ) 还有人高中第一册。
   有一天我碰到一个报纸文章约一个英语系教授附近一个州立大学。   文章了一份清单,列出了"百最重要的书籍,西方文明" "比什么都在 我的生活, "这位教授告诉记者,与终局 "这些书我都认为我" 这是什么话我不能 忽视(忽视) 。
   我不停名单几个月了,我看过的所有游戏。 大部分书籍,当然,我很难理解。 而读柏拉图共和国为例, 我需要继续寻求在介绍这本书,以提醒自己什么文约。   不过,特别的耐心和迷信(迷信)的一个孩子,我看着每一个字的文本。
   和我的时候,我到了最后一句话,高兴,我说服自己,我看过共和国 认真越过柏拉图过我的名单。

类似问题换一批

热点推荐

热度TOP

相关推荐
加载中...

热点搜索 换一换

教育/科学
外语学习
出国/留学
院校信息
人文学科