搜索
首页 教育/科学 外语学习

英语高手进帮忙下3篇阅读理解

英语高手进,帮忙下3篇阅读理解,悬赏分不是问题,帮上忙的定追加百分 Passage 3。 George had stolen some money, but the police had caught him and he had been put in prison。
   Now his trial was about to begin, and he felt sure that he would be found guilty and sent to prison for a long time。 Then he discovered that an old friend of his was one of the members of the jury at his trail。
   Of course, he didn’t tell anybody, but he managed to see his friend secretly one day。 He said to him, “Jim, I know that the jury will find me guilty of having stolen the money。
   I cannot hope to be found not guilty of taking it – that would be too much to expect。 But I should be grateful to you for the rest of my life if you could persuade the other members of the jury to add a strong recommendation for mercy to their statement that they consider me guilty。
  ” “Well, George,” answered Jim, “I shall certainly try to do what I can for you as an old friend, but of course I cannot promise anything。
   The other eleven people on the jury look terribly strong-minded to me。” George said that he would quite understand if Jim was not able to do anything for him, and thanked him warmly for agreeing to help。
   The trial went on, and at last the time came for the jury to decide whether George was guilty or not。 It took them five hours, but in the end they found George guilty, with a strong recommendation for mercy。
   Of course, George was very pleased, but he didn’t have a chance to see Jim for some time after the trial。 At last, however, Jim visited him in prison, and George thanked him warmly and asked him how he had managed to persuade the other members of the jury to recommend mercy。
   “Well, George,” Jim answered, “as I thought, those eleven men were very difficult to persuade, but I managed it in the end by tiring them out。
   Do you know, those fools had all wanted to find you not guilty!” 11。 Which phrase best defines a “jury”? A。 A person who works in a court。
   B。 A policeman。 C。 A judge。 D。 A group of people who decide if someone on trial is guilty or not guilty。 12。 According to the passage George wanted his friend Jim ___________。
   helphimrunawayfromprison believehewasnotguilty makeothersbelievethathewasguilty makethejuryaskforlessseverepunishmentforGeorge 13。
   The jury made a decision that _________________。 mediatelyafterhearingJim’sargument terhavinghadavote ortlyafterJimsaidGeorgewasguilty D。
   only after several hours of heated discussion 14。 Why did George feel pleased about the decision? A。 He thought he deserved the punishment。
   B。 Jim did what he had promised。 C。 He would be set free immediately。 D。 The punishment was less severe than expected。 15。 Who do you think is the biggest fool? A。
   George。 B。 The policeman who caught George。 C。 Jim。 D。 The other members of the jury。 。

全部回答

2008-04-22

0 0

不给你翻译了,大意是一个人偷东西,陪审团有一个朋友,他想让朋友帮忙尽量判个轻刑,结果其他陪审员要求无罪释放时,这个朋友为了承诺,竟执意要求判轻刑。 所以答案除了最后一个是第三选项,其它都是最后一个正确。

2008-04-22

101 0

能否不翻译直接告诉你答案? -------------------------- 这篇比第2篇简单多了,就是一笑话。 D D D D C

类似问题换一批

热点推荐

热度TOP

相关推荐

热点搜索 换一换

教育/科学
外语学习
出国/留学
院校信息