搜索
首页 教育/科学 外语学习

翻译

下面这段文章看不太懂,求助高手,帮忙翻译一下。On a four-day trip to Ethiopia,I had a dream。In my dream,I saw two men, one older and one younger,facing one another against a background of temples and pyramids。
  The father was speaking as he performed the oil ceremony for his son。I became excited in the possibility of performing a visiting ceremony with my son in Africa。
  For the next six days I privately wondered what words to use in such a ceremony。Gradually the words came to me。By the time we arrived in Cairo,I was ready。
  I told my son that there was a ceremony I wanted to perform with him in the tombs in Egypt。His eyes shone with anticipation。But I wondered if he would still be receptive after my next statement。
  In the dream I remembered that the son was oiled,as it were,with a dry substance。I took this to mean that powder rather than oil was uesd。
  But what powder?I ruled out ground grass and flowers,and finally settled on sand。Sand represents the Sahara,and sand also contains the remains of the ancient people of Egypt。
  That made philisophical sense to me,but in the real world,young adults or almost anybody for that matter,are disinclined to have sand poured on their hair。

全部回答

2008-08-05

0 0
    在为期四天的埃塞俄比亚之旅途中,我做了一个梦,梦见两个人,一老一少,面对面站着,背景是神庙和金字塔,其中象父亲的那个人一边说话,一边给他儿子行涂油礼。我就想到我也可以和儿子在非洲大地上举行一次这样的仪式,心里很激动。
  接下来的六天,我自己一直在盘算,该在这样的仪式上说什么话。  慢慢地我想出了一些,到开罗的时候就完全想好了。我告诉儿子,要带他去埃及王陵举行一个仪式,他眼中闪出期待的目光。
  可是我的下一个提议,他会不会接受我就不知道了,在梦里我记得给那个儿子行涂油礼用的是一种干燥的物质,是粉末不是油脂。那是什么粉末呢?我排除了花花草草的可能,最后认为应该是沙子。  沙代表着撒哈拉,沙中也包藏着古埃及人遗骨的粉末。
  我想这就有哲学意味了。但是在现实世界中,无论年轻人还是其他什么人,是不愿意让人把沙子撒到头发上的。

类似问题换一批

热点推荐

热度TOP

相关推荐

热点搜索 换一换

教育/科学
外语学习
院校信息
升学入学
理工学科
出国/留学