搜索
首页 教育/科学 外语学习 英语考试

which is right?

Jack will visit the hospital in which he was born.Jack will visit the hospital that he was born in.Please tell me which is right ? why?

全部回答

2007-05-17

46 0
    that和which在定语从句中通常可以互换使用,但有些情况下二者区别很大: 下列情况下,只能用which不能用that 1)“介词+which”的结构中,不能用that ,如你给的例子。
   Jack will visit the hospital in which he was born。   2) 在非限制性定语从句中,逗号后面不能用that She sang a new song, which we like very much。
   用that不用which的一些特殊情况 1)先行词为all, much, little, something, anything, everything, nothing等 Is there anything (that) I can do for you? 2)先行词前有形容词最高级修饰 This is the most exciting report that I have ever read。
     3)先行词前有first, last, next, only, very, all, any等词修饰 The first step (that) we are to take is very difficult。
   4)先行词同时含有“人”和“非人”时,用that 不用which He talked about the people and the books that interested him。
     至于楼主所给的句子,如同“活到老学到老”学妹所讲的那样,都是对的。 第一答案肯定没问题,第二个答案也可以,因为介词in已被放到了句尾。 此句也可以说成:Jack will visit the hospital where he was born。
     。

2007-05-17

18 0
都对。第二句中的that也可换成which

2007-05-17

29 0
Jack will visit the hospital in which he was born.正确 in which=where

2007-05-17

42 0
当然第一句对。 Jack will visit the hospital in which he was born.从句正确。 Jack will visit the hospital that he was born in. 从句不正确。

类似问题换一批

热点推荐

热度TOP

相关推荐

热点搜索 换一换

教育/科学
英语考试
出国/留学
院校信息
人文学科
职业教育
升学入学