搜索
首页 教育/科学 外语学习 阳痿与紧张的区别

if与weather的区别?

if与weather的区别是什么?

全部回答

2005-08-07

0 0

你的whether写错了。weather是“天气”。 1。if和whether在宾语从句中,都表“是否”,可换用,if更口语化,whether正式些。 当有or not时, 一般用whether,而不用if。
   He wants to know if/whether you can help him。   She wonders whether you'll go or not。
   2。if可引起条件状语从句,whether不用于状语从句。 If you work hard, you'll succeed。 If I were you , I would do it in another way。
       3。whether可引起主语从句,表语从句,if不能用于这两种情况。 Whether you can finish it in time or not depends on yourself。
   The question is whether they'll help you。

2005-08-07

656 0

conj。 In the event that: 如果,倘若在…的情况下: If I were to go, I would be late。 倘若我去,就要迟到 Granting that: 假设,如果: If that is true, what should we do? 假设那是真的我们该怎么办呢? On the condition that: 如果,只要在某种条件下: She will play the piano only if she is paid。
     只有付给她报酬,她才愿意演奏钢琴 Although possibly; even though: 虽然;即使: It is a handsome if useless trinket。
   虽然无用却很漂亮的小饰物 Whether: 是否: Ask if he plans to come to the meeting。   问问他是否要来参加会议 Used to introduce an exclamatory clause, indicating a wish: 但愿,要是…该多好啊用来引出一个表达愿望的感叹句,表达一个愿望: If they had only come earlier! 如果他们早来一步该多好啊! if n。
     A possibility, condition, or stipulation: 条件可能性、条件或设想: There will be no ifs, ands, or buts in this matter。
   这件事不允许有假设、拖延或反对 用法 在非正式的写作中,可以使用 if或 wether两个词来表达不定性,两者都算标准,例如 ask,doubt,know,learn,或see这样的动词后: We shall soon learn whether (or if) it is true。
    In such contexts, however, the use of if can sometimes create ambiguities。 Depending on the intended meaning, the sentence Let her know if she is invited might be better paraphrased as Let her know whether she is invitedor If she is invited, let her know。
     ?In conditional sentences the clause introduced by if may contain either a past subjunctive verb ( if I were going) or an indicative verb ( if I am going; if I was going), depending on the intended meaning。
     According to the traditional rule, the subjunctive should be used to describe an occurrence that is presupposed to be contrary to fact, as in if I were ten years youngeror if Napoleon had won at Waterloo。
    The main verb of such a sentence must then contain the modal verb would or (less frequently) should: 我们很快就会知道这是否(或 if) 是真实的。
  不过在这种情况下,用 if就可能会造成歧义。   Let her know if she is invited 这句话最好根据所要表达的意思,分开说成 告诉她她是否被邀请了或 如果她被邀请了,就让她知道两句话。
  用 if引起的条件状语从句中,可以含有一个过去式的虚拟动词( 倘若我去)或一个一般陈述动词( 如果我就去;如果我去了),这得依据所要表达的意思而定。  根据正统的原则,虚拟语气用来表达一个与事实相反的假设,例如 如果我再年轻十岁或者 如果拿破仑在滑铁卢战役中获胜。
  于是在这样的句子里,主要动词必须包含情态动词 会或(在较少情况下)应该: If America were still a British colony, we would have an anthem that human voices could sing。
     如果美国现在还是英国的殖民地,我们就会有一支人人都会唱的国歌。 If I were the President, I should (or would) declare November 1 a national holiday。
  When the situation described by the if clause is not presupposed to be false, however, that clause must contain an indicative verb, and the choice of verb in the main clause will depend on the intended meaning: 如果我是总统,我就(或 会) 宣布十一月一日为国家休假日。
    而只要 if引起的从句描述的条件不是事先就被认为是不可能的,从句中就必须使用直陈动词,而主句中词的形式就要依所要表达的意义而定: If Hamlet was really written by Marlowe, as many have argued, then we have underestimated Marlowe's genius。
     如果就象很多人猜测的那样,《哈姆雷特》一剧是由马洛写的,那我们就一直低估了马洛的才能。 If Kevin was out all day, then it makes sense that he couldn't answer the phone。
  Note also that the presence of the modal verb would in the main clause should not be taken as a sign that the verb in the if clause must be in the subjunctive, if the content of that clause is not presupposed to be false: 如果确实一直在外面,打电话找不着他是很正常的。
    另须注意,在主句中使用情态动词 would并不表明 if从句中一定使用虚拟语气,因为从句的内容并不一定原先就认为是错误的: If I was (not were) to accept their offer?which I'm still considering?I would have to start the new job on May 2。
     如果我去(不是 were)接受他们的盛情——我还在这样考虑——那么我必须在5月2日开始新工作。 He would always call her from the office if he was (not were) going to be late for dinner。
     ?Again according to the traditional rule, the subjunctive is not correctly used following verbs such as ask or wonder in if clauses that express indirect questions, even if the content of the question is presumed to be contrary to fact: 如果他(不是 were) 晚餐会迟到,就会从办公室打电话给她。
     ?另外还是根据传统规则,在动词 ask或 wonder中 if引导的间接问句,即使其内容被认为与事实相反,也不能使用虚拟语气: We wondered if dinner was (not were) included in the room price。
     我们想知道晚餐费用是否被(不是 were)包括在房间费中。 Some of the people we met even asked us if California was (not were) an island。
   ?With all deference to the traditional rules governing the use of the subjunctive, it should be noted that a survey of the prose of reputable writers over the past 200 years would reveal a persistent tendency to use the indicative was where the traditional rule would require the subjunctive were。
     A sentence beginning If I was the only boy in the world, while not strictly correct, is wholly unremarkable。
   But the corresponding practice of using the subjunctive in place of the indicative may be labeled a hypercorrection。
     ?In spoken English there is a growing tendency to use would have in place of the subjunctive in contrary-to-fact clauses, as in if I would have been the President,but this usage is still widely considered incorrect。
     我们碰到的一些人甚至问我们加利福尼亚是否是(不用 were) 一个岛屿。 在与指导虚拟语气使用方法的传统规则相冲突的一系列不同用法中,我们应注意到一项对过去200年散文作家的调查显示,在传统语法要求使用虚拟式的 were的情况下,有一种持久的使用直陈式 was的趋势。
    一句用 假如我是世界上唯一的男孩开头的句子不会引起人们的注意。而一定要把其中的直陈式换成虚拟式就显得矫正过了头。在英语口语中,在与事实相反的从句中,使用 would have一词的趋势有所增加,例如 如果我会是总统,但这种用法仍然被大多数人认为是不正确的 See: doubt should wish if习惯用语 if and when 如果, 万一 If ifs and ans were pots and pans, there'd be no trade for tinkers。
     [谚]如果种种“假如”能够变成深锅和浅锅, 补锅匠就没有生意了。(意思是:如果人们的主观愿望都能实现, 天下就太平了) if only 只要; 要是。。。。就好, 但愿 whether conj。
   Used in indirect questions to introduce one alternative: 是不是,是否用于间接引语中以引出一选择: We should find out whether the museum is open。
     我们该查明博物馆是不是开门 See: doubt if Used to introduce alternative possibilities: 用以引入选择的可能性: Whether she wins or whether she loses, this is her last tournament。
     不管她是赢是输,这是她的最后一次锦标赛 Either: 要么…要么,不是…就是: He passed the test, whether by skill or luck。
   他通过了考试,不是靠技术就是靠运气 whether pron。 Archaic Which: 哪一个: ?We came in full View of a great Island or Continent, (for we knew not whether)?Jonathan Swift) “我们充分清楚地看到了一座岛屿或是一块巨大的陆地,(因为我们不知道很大是哪一个)”(乔纳森·斯威夫特) whether习惯用语 whether。
    。。 or。。。 是。。。还是。。。 或者。。。或者。。。; 不是。。。就是。。。 不管。。。还是。。。 whether or no [not] 无论是不是; 无论如何; 不管怎样; 总之; 必定 。

2005-08-07

647 0

weather可与or not连用,if不可以 当表示是否时,if与weather可以换用

2005-08-07

630 0

当表示是否时,if与weather可以换用,另外if还表示如果。

类似问题换一批

热点推荐

热度TOP

相关推荐
加载中...

热点搜索 换一换