搜索
首页 社会民生 求职就业

帮忙翻译

1 Design conversations Some time ago, we started to explore design processes by trying to write computer programs that would conduct conversations that other designers would consider useful。
  5 This led us to understand the importance of narrative and memory in design thinking。 Coming from a linguistic background, Medway and Andrews have studied a real recorded conversation in an architect’s office between three partners of the practice who are obviously highly experienced designers。
  6 Med- way and Andrews note that the ‘base mode of the conversation is narrative’。 That is to say that although from time to time the conversational mode changes temporarily, it begins in and generally returns to a style similar to that of telling a story。
   This chimes with the Scho¨- nian view of design as a conversation in which characters are introduced, or ‘named’ and the story set up, or ‘framed’ around their characteristics。
   Secondly, this analysis shows that there is frequent reference to documents throughout the conversation。 This is hardly astonishing in itself but what is of particular interest to these researchers is the way in which the designers treat drawn and written documents and ‘regard them as equivalent’。
   This clearly surprises those steeped in linguistic research。 That architecture is such a textual business is not what we expected to emerge from our close analysis of the transcripts。
   This research above all else shows that design conversations are extra- ordinarily compact since they are full of references which in turn point to huge chunks of information。
   It also draws our attention to the importance of words as well as pictures if we wish to understand the way knowledge is handled in the design process。
   If we listen to conversations within experienced teams of designers it is quickly evident that they have many common expectations and use a shared language。
   I am going to use some data here from a study I did of the architect Richard MacCormac。7 This senior and distinguished British architect is widely regarded as an outstanding designer, he is recently knighted, an ex-president of the RIBA and his clients include the BBC, London Transport, Cable and Wireless and several UK Universities。
   In describing his own role in the practice, MacCormac described an interesting variation in process that is particularly revealing about our exploration of experience。
   I think that my role in the practice is to initiate the design processes in all the major jobs, not so much in building types like housing where I think we have established a kind of repertoire, a typological repertoire, which is to do with density and to do with the main problems like car parking and so on which are。
   。 。 it’s sort of vernacular if you like, we do quite a lot of it for housing associations and so on。 。 。 vernacular in the sense that its a language that’s the common language。
   Clearly, Richard is telling us here that he changes the process depending on the level of experience the practice has with the problem in hand。
   He is also telling us that this relates to the way the practice relies upon its known sub-solutions to the generic typological problem。
   In such cases, he feels then that the job architects can be left to work without his personal intervention at the early conceptual stage。
   This proves to be a significant point as the argument unfolds。 2 Schemata I spent some time in MacCormac’s design office and in the space of one day I heard three members of the practice use the word ‘belvedere’。
   Of course, this is a perfectly acceptable architectural term but hardly common parlance even in a contemporary practice。 This suggested that this word represented a complex set of ideas that were common ground within the practice。
   During an interview with Mac- Cormac himself, he described the process leading to his design for the chapel at Fitzwilliam College Cambridge。
   。 。 。 at some stage the thing (the worship space) became sort of round but I can’t remember how。。 。 。 early on we were playing with round shapes in square containers, you know the sort of thing。
   。 。 Here, Richard was obviously expecting that I would understand from this reference a whole series of architectural ideas, and that I would recognise the architectural game being played。
   I remember him looking at my eyes to see if this was the case。 He must have inferred that it was or I guess the conversation would have halted or proceeded differently。
   Listening to conversation in such practices reveals just how extraordinarily efficient communication becomes since enormously complex and sophisticated sets of ideas can be referred to using simple diagrams, catchphrases (for example, ‘round shapes in square containers’) or even single words (for example, ‘belvedere’)。
   Such a phenomenon is hardly new to us。 It is precisely that of concept formation or the development of schemata。 For experienced architects, the concept or schema of ‘round shapes in square containers’ includes not just the simple idea of that geometry but the whole game of contrasting the curved and straight lines, and all the examples and variations have been developed by other architects。
   For MacCormac’s practice members, the schema of ‘belvedere’ was not restricted to the commonly shared idea of a viewing tower。 For them, it was not a matter of a building typology at all but rather a whole series of devices for organising space vertically in order to afford dramatic views that helped building users to build mental maps of their surroundings。
   They collectively delight in these ideas and have studied them and exploited them in previous designs。
   But how do expert designers actually come to use these schemata in the process of designing? In particular how do they know when an individual schema may be useful or not? 。

全部回答

2006-06-10

65 0
    1设计谈话 前一段时间,我们开始探讨设计过程试图写电脑程式,以便进行会谈,会考虑其他设计师useful。5这使我们认识和记忆说明设计思想。 来自语言、学者和研究Andrews真实记录了交谈的建筑师办公室三个伙伴关系的作法显然有资深艺designers。
  6程,安德鲁看到'基地的模式是说明谈话的。   也就是说,虽然不时对话性的方式暂时改变,它开始在风格和总体效益的相似,讲述一个故事。 总之这与Scho¨-综艺谈话认为,作为设计的文字介绍,还是'叫'的故事,设立或「内」附近的特色。
   其次,这项分析显示,在文件经常提到的谈话。 这是惊人的,而是几乎没有什么特别感兴趣的是这些研究人员设计的方式对待书面文件,并制定「把他们当作'。   这显然是浸淫在语言研究惊喜。
   这是一个建筑企业不是我们所期望的文字出现在我们认真分析的笔录。 这项研究首先表明设计是交谈外,因为他们通常都充满了音乐,又提点出售大量信息。 也促使我们重视文字以及图片,如果我们想了解的知识处理方法的设计过程。
   如果在听电话的资深设计师队伍是迅速明显,有许多共同的期望,共同使用的语言。   我想用一些数据在这里从学习我做的建筑师Richardmaccormac。7这位资深而杰出的英国设计师被广泛认为是一个优秀的设计师,他最近致,前会长设和他的客户包括英国广播公司,伦敦交通、有线和无线通讯、数英国大学。
   形容自己在实践中的作用,描述一个有趣MacCormac变化过程,特别是对我们探索出的经验。   我觉得我的角色的做法是开始设计过程的所有主要工作,与其说建设类如房屋,我认为我们已经建立了一种芳香、类型乐曲,是与密度,尽其主要问题,如停车场等,这都。
   。 。 它的语言,如果你喜欢什么,我们就做了不少住房协会等等。 。 。 语言的意义,其语言的共同语言。   显然,Richard是在这里告诉我们说,他视变化过程的体验与实践问题相关。
   他还告诉我们,这是取决于它的实践途径已知分一般类型问题的解决。 在这种情况下,他认为这样可以让设计师就业工作,早在他亲自构思阶段。 事实证明,这是一个重大的问题展开争论。 2铺陈 我花了一些时间MacCormac设计和办公空间的三名成员一天我听到用实践'丽城'。
     当然,这是绝对不能接受的设计,但共同的用语,即使在当今实践。 这认为这是一个复杂的概念词,在实践中的共同点。 这位年逾花甲的老堡-Cormac自己,他说他的设计过程称教堂在剑桥Fitzwilliam学院。
   。 。 。 在某个阶段的事(信仰空间),但我是那种圆度记得。   。 。 。 我们早就玩的圆广场容器,你知道什么事。 。 。 在这里,理查德显然期望我理解这句话从一系列建筑思想,我明白游戏中所发挥的建筑。
   我还记得他看我的眼睛,看看这种情况。 他必须在银行推测或猜测我谈话会有所停顿或开始。 听谈话,这种做法只显示异常如何有效沟通变得无比自复杂套思路则可使用简单的图表,向路人(例如「圆广场的集装箱」),甚至一个字(例如「丽城')。
     这种现象几乎全新的事物。 正是这一概念的形成和发展铺陈。 经验丰富的建筑师、观念、模式'圆广场,容器的不仅包括简单的概念,而是几何整个游戏的对比,直线弯曲,一切变化的例子,已制定了其他建筑师。
   为MacCormac实践委员、模式『丽城'不是局限于一个共同的想法从塔。     对他们来说,这也不是什么类型的建筑,而是所有一系列的活动空间装置,以垂直负担大幅意见,帮助用户建立建立心理地图的环境。
   他们很高兴这些理念和集体学习,并利用他们在设计上。 但实际上是怎样使用这些专家设计的程序设计铺陈。 特别是当他们知道如何做一个人不妨模式呢? 。

类似问题换一批

热点推荐

热度TOP

相关推荐
加载中...

热点搜索 换一换

社会民生
求职就业
公务办理
军事
时事政治