让托福口语高大上的英语习语有哪些
1。In the nick of time: 紧要关头。
You gave me that main idea help in the nick of time – my teacher just gave us a quiz on that reading skill and I passed it!
你刚好在那个时候帮我找到了主旨,我的老师就安排了一场关于阅读技巧的测验,我通过了!
2。 Let the cat out of the bag: 说出秘密。
Brady’s surprise party is going to be great if you don’...全部
1。In the nick of time: 紧要关头。
You gave me that main idea help in the nick of time – my teacher just gave us a quiz on that reading skill and I passed it!
你刚好在那个时候帮我找到了主旨,我的老师就安排了一场关于阅读技巧的测验,我通过了!
2。
Let the cat out of the bag: 说出秘密。
Brady’s surprise party is going to be great if you don’t let the cat out of the bag。
如果你先保守秘密的话,布雷迪的惊喜派对会非常棒的!
3。Let the chips fall where they may: 让某事发生,不管其是好是坏。
I'm going to just try out for the cheerleading squad and let the chips fall where they may。
不管结果怎样,我都会去试试参加啦啦队。
4。Lose your marbles:变得疯狂。
Mom has really lost her marbles; she's making me practice writing the Enhanced ACT Essay seven times this week!
我妈妈真是要疯了;这个星期她让我写了七篇ACT的作文!
5。
Once in a blue moon: 罕见的。
In Florida, the temperature drops below freezing only once in a blue moon。
在弗罗里达,气温降到零度以下是非常罕见的。
6。Plain as day: 显而易见的。
It’s plain as day that you’re in love with her, so just admit it。
显而易见你已经爱上她了,承认吧。
7。Play second fiddle: 居次位。
I hate playing second fiddle to my sister; she always does things better than I do!
我真是讨厌落在我姐姐的下风,她总是比我做的好!
8。
Put your foot in your mouth: 说错话。
Jessica really put her foot in her mouth when she asked about John’s job right after he lost it。
杰西卡居然在约翰失业后问起他的工作,真是说错话了。收起